We found some great design, UX, optimization, and innovation links for you last week. Enjoy!
- Rethinking CSS Grids
Some great ideas from @MarkBoulton.
- Screen reader support for
Thanks for doing this research @iheni!
- @JonathanStark’s Starbucks Card
An awesome idea (and API).
- Web Actions: Identifying A New Building Block For The Web
Sounds amazing. Let’s get it done!
- Your Chrome browser might not be using HTTP anymore
Wow. Just wow.
- Redesigning the browser window
I’d love to see something like this.
- Forget WiFi, It’s LiFi: Internet Through Lightbulbs
- Bagchecking in the Command Line
API-out. This is how we do things.
- $1 chip tests for HIV in 15 minutes flat, fits in your wallet
- Media Queries and Asset Downloading
This really helps us better understand how browsers work with media queries.
- Anatomy of a HTML5 Mobile App
A fantastic overview from @fling.
- Braid - A simple way to manage Git submodules
Looks pretty simple. I’ll have to try it out.
- Sparse checkout example in Git 1.7.0
I’m so glad Git has this option. I was missing it when I changed from Subversion.
- Why the ‘Ok’ Button is No Longer Okay
Instead of giving users the Ok button to confirm the action they want to do, it’s more efficient and effective to give users a button that’s labeled with the specific action.
- A Box You Want to Uncheck on LinkedIn
Thanks for the heads-up @ryanirelan!
An interesting discussion of the pros and cons.
- Intranet Remains Poor Stepchild Of Corporate Websites
No big surprise there.
- Kindle Cloud Reader
Bye bye Apple!