Last week the U.S. teetered on the brink of economic collapse, but there were lots of goodies to think about and share too. Here’s a smattering of things to check out on the topics of design, development, and social commentary:
- Why designers should seek chaos and complexity first
From order emerges chaos…
- Reckless web practices encourage idiots
The first draft of Chapter 1 of my book went a little something like this.
These guys are doing some pretty amazing stuff with webpage-based video conferencing.
- HTML5 Shows Promise, While Android Tablets Confuse, Developer Survey Finds
More fuel for the HTML-based app fire. Via @thisisladychris.
- Useful List of International Address Formats
Just what it says. Via @sniffles.
- Baker Ebook Framework 2.0
Could be an interesting way to build interactive books for iOS if you don’t want to go the ePub route.
- 10K Apart (Responsive Edition)
Now with eCSStender (and yours truly as a judge).
- Infrastructure woes take toll on US economy
We need a major public works project!
- Debt-reduction politics: Why not let each party choose the other’s supercommittee members?
Sounds intriguing to me.
I had almost forgotten about this great presentation. Thanks for the reminder @brucel!
- Flexbox & WebOS UI Development
A good overview of how flexbox works and how it can be used in Enyo.
- Loading Typekit fonts asynchronously